If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Turbografx 16.

Moderator: е и ժ е я

VG_Addict

Turbografx 16.

Post by VG_Addict » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:51 pm

I've been thinking about buying a TurboGrafx 16 for a little while now. Is there anyone who had it growing up, who can tell me whether it's worth it? What are some good games for it?

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Never even heard of it until I was an adult, and barely recently even looked into it at all. Turbo Express seems cooler to me since I have always preferred handhelds though. Seems like a competent system, maybe a bit too much arcade style gaming in the library for my taste but still seems worthy to collect for.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:19 pm

I know Wonder Boy 3 has a port called Dragon's Curse on the system, and that's pretty good. There's also Castlevania: Rondo of Blood but it's for PCE and I don't know how the compatibility works. And there's Bonk games. That's all I know.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:04 am

It had a lot of good games, I played it quite a bit at a friend's over the years. Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge are my favorite games for it. Neutopia is a really solid Legend of Zelda clone. Any list of best TG16 games worth reading will recommend Ninja Spirit and Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The system's considerable library is populated by a lot of shooters aka bullethell games, as it was famous for arcade ports at the time. I'd also recommend the Strider port as it's considered pretty faithful to the arcade game and a lot of people prefer it.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Retro Games”