If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

GB/GBC/GBA Games

Moderator: е и ժ е я

Kil'jaeden

Post by Kil'jaeden » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:47 am

I rarely had the opportunity to get games. I got most of them handed down from other people or from older relatives. Otherwise, I got things that were used and therefore cheaper. The exception was the Gamecube. I just never had the chance to get a DS. When I had money, I usually bought PC or console games.

I have Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon Y, Super Smash Bros, the Zelda 3 remake, and something I can't remember at the moment. I got them over time since 2 years ago or so.
The man who is blind, deaf,and silent lives in peace.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 am

DS games tend to be pretty cheap, have for a while, floating under $5 for some real gems. I remember I got Hotel Dusk for like $2, one of the best games I ever played. I'd suggest that one if you're looking for an excellent interactive story with light puzzles.

EDantes

Post by EDantes » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:41 am

[QUOTE="X-3, post: 1583500, member: 27765"]Mega Man Zero series is so good.[/QUOTE]
Agreed with this.

I played the Zero games just recently for the first time; initially I had passed them over but after playing them I'd say they are just as good or even better than the X games so I was pleasantly suprised.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:35 am

I should really play MMZ sometime.
Carthago delendum est

russellcoleman

Post by russellcoleman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:41 am

Happy Wheels is a very popular rag doll physics game with a dark sense of humor. The aim in Happy Wheels is pretty simple – just try and get to the end of the level in one piece. You can try out some unusual forms of transport, ranging from a wheelchair to a Segway.http://happywheelsiz.com/

EDantes

Post by EDantes » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Plays pretty much just like X, but with a buster and a saber at the same time.

Only one I passed over is MMZ1, it looked amateurish to me compared to the sequels and had a bunch of 'side quests' and other stuff that looked unnecessary, somewhat like the ZX games.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Z1 doesn't have any side-quests. It just has a dearth of unique levels.

Unless you count leveling up weapons, euuuuugh.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Pokemon Crystal is hands down the best game in the series. It was the most innovative Pokemon game until sun and moon. You got this brand new region with a **** ton of new creatures that are (mostly) well designed. Not only that, but the game gives you two huge regions to explore.

Wario land 2 was really god too, though don't go into with the first game in mind. Wario Land 2 is a puzzle game more then a platformer. It's not my favorite in the series (that goes to virtual boy wario land) but I still have a lot of nostalgia memories with it.

Mario Land, I really didn't like this one. I can let it slide because it's an early game boy title, but it hasn't aged well at all. The graphics are extremely lacking in detail, the jumping feels off, the music is good I'll give it that.

MeowMan

Post by MeowMan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 pm

My first experience with handheld gaming was Pokemon FireRed. I got a GBC later, but I didn't have a charger for it, and it died ~3 days later. I don't have it or a GBA anymore, but I still have a bunch of games for both of them. I'll probably try to buy a GBA again when I get a job.

Return to “Retro Games”