If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

I fixed Mega Man the Wily Wars

Moderator: е и ժ е я

Artemis008

I fixed Mega Man the Wily Wars

Post by Artemis008 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 am

Around a year ago a user on RHDN uploaded a hack of Megaman the Wily Wars that fixed the games movement delay. It was an awesome hack, but was removed because of a game breaking glitch that froze the game in multiple locations. At least I think that's why it was removed, it sort of just vanished one day. Anyway, I attempted to replicate his/her hack to find out what was wrong and could not get it work. I gave up the project and stuffed it in my archive folders and it sat there for months. Just earlier today however I got the motivation to try again and I found out EXACTLY WHAT WENT WRONG. I figured it out when I attempted to patch the cheat (using GG guy) to a clean rom and got an incorrect checksum. The cheat only works when patched through hex. Sorry if I'm rambling, but this names me happy beyond words. I was going to simply upload the hack (since it's basically finished) but I decided that just to be safe, I would like to have it bug tested by you guys. Again the hack has no reason not to function properly, but just to be safe I want to bug test it before upload.

TLDR I fixed the Wily Wars movement delay issues and am extremely overjoyed, but want it bug tested before I upload it.

CHANGES
-Sram fix by motzilla
-Movement delay is fixed! Now it plays just like the nes original.
-Bullet speed is 67% faster, also just like the NES originals.
-You can slide in MM1 and MM2
-Magnet beam has 2x as much ammo, I can remove this if you guys don't like it but I thought it was a welcome change.

Patch is here:
https://mega.nz/#!R3JD1CoY!uQ_sCD5P22wQ ... 4D-VZZc23c

If you find a bug, tell me what emulator you were using and how you triggered it. Be as detailed as possible. Patch it to a clean Wily Wars EU rom, and enjoy!

DarkZero
Supporter

Re: I fixed Mega Man the Wily Wars

Post by DarkZero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 am

oh cool i'll have to try this sometime

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 am

Neat. I've never played Wily Wars, if I ever do I'll try it this way.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 am

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 am
Neat. I've never played Wily Wars, if I ever do I'll try it this way.
It's really good, even without this fix.

Return to “Retro Games”