AAAAAA!!!!! FRUSTRATION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

The legendary VGF.com Misc forum for general and random topics.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Apollo the Just

AAAAAA!!!!! FRUSTRATION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:20 am

WHAT ARE YOU FRUSTRATED ABOUT!!!!!! VENT HERE!!!!!!!!!

I've spent a total of like 5 hours trying to find a good setup for a skip in Prisoner of Azkaban for GameCube but Harry Potter wont **** MOONWALK BACKWARDS THROUGH THE WALL

I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT PRECISELY WHAT CAUSES HIM TO MOONWALK AND WHEN HE DOES, RARELY, IT IS SO HARD TO CONTROL I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN ABLE TO TEST WHETHER THE SETUP IS FEASIBLE FOR A SKIP!!!! OR IF IT DOES, WHETHER IT'S REPLICABLE ENOUGH TO RELY ON IN A SPEEDRUN SETTING!!!!!!!

WHY WON'T THE GAME JUST BREAK FOR ME THE WAY I WANT IT TO CONSISTENTLY

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: AAAAAA!!!!! FRUSTRATION THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 am

They're shovin me real hard at the store. One of my full-timers gave two-weeks' notice and then dropped off the face of the earth, two of my part-timers dang near got into a fist-fight and got suspended indefinitely, and now it looks like my best guy is going to get termed. Means my crew of nine is now down to five, going into the most stressful shopping week of the year, and my remaining workers will not step up their game. Nobody stays late. Nobody works harder or faster. Nobody tries to help me.

I stuck around until almost noon today, trying to make up for my people's shortfalls. What I wanted to do is just have management take these jerks to task for their sloth and incompetence. Unfortunately I'm a people-pleaser. Also I like money. I like it lots.
boo---------------that ole yaller-eye fork-tongue conspirator

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 am

Where to begin...

Well, regarding gaming, I'm torturing myself through Slain: Back From Hell. Don't ask why. It isn't even fun, just brokenly difficult.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 am

THERE IS A REASON WE LABEL ALL THE FOOD WE PREPARE WITH AN EXPIRATION DATE AND PUT IT IN ORDER. FOR THE LOVE OF **** DO NOT IGNORE THAT ORDER IT MEANS WE WASTE FOOD **** YOU

Marilink
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilink » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 am

MY SHIN HURTS

pepsibetsy

Post by pepsibetsy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:17 pm

M O N E Y

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Geek Squad.

So I take my laptop in to put in a new SSD and ask that they check the fan while they're at it, because the last time I played League of Legends it overheated and shut off. Used to run fine, so the cooling likely has issues.

Since then, they've:
Told me the fan was ok, but making a weird noise.
Told me, no the fan actually needs replacing. When I say I'll buy a replacement for them to install they say they want to try to fix it.
Told me YouTube suggested they replace the thermal paste, so they're trying that.
Told me they were 1-2 hours from being done. Next day I call to verify that it's ready. Automated system says it's ready but I don't trust it. Half an hour doesn't get me on the phone with anyone, so I break down and go to the store. The guy at the counter says the laptop is in pieces in the back, and the technician who was due in early overslept. Come to find out later he lost track of which screws go where.
A few days later they've reassembled it but the monitor won't come on.

That's where things have stood for a few days. Getting kinda worried they've broken my laptop.

steeze

Post by steeze » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Pretty good story/complaint to share if you read the whole thing. I don't really like either of my grandparents that much. Grandmas a religious hypocrite enabler and Grandpa is a selfish fat drunk who doesn't care about his sick wife, only drinking and making our lives hard with his pickle brain.

So I work in an office house with my father that also doubles as my grandparents home. We let them move in because my Grandmother has Dimensia and my Grandfather can't remember anything because he's always drunk. Basically, that meant they were incapable of taking care of themselves, no one was taking their medication and they were ending up in the hospital every other week so we moved them here. So that's the background information for this ridiculous situation I have to deal with when I come to work.

Where the story begins.

A couple of months ago my Grandmother burned a Tea Kettle to a crisp. About 6 months ago we switched to gas. We bought a gas stove and they can't figure out how to turn it on and off still. Apparently, the top wasn't closed and while she was sitting in the room adjacent she didn't notice it boiling out for an hour. Whatever. The tea kettle was put on the radiator next to the back door to be thrown out. It stayed there for a period of maybe two months before finally, someone must have chucked it in the garbage. Some more background information real quick. My grandma annoyingly hoards the most pointless bull**** you can think of. Pickle jars, soy sauce packets, old newspapers, takeout containers, broken appliances any stupid thing you can think of.

Last week, I found a freezer bag sized stache of fortune cookies under the kitchen sink. WHY? So anyway we bought an electric kettle that you fill up with water and just push a button. It boils the water and automatically kicks off. We figured this would limit the number of times they almost burn the house down by about 50 percent. I catch her heating up water in saucepans to make tea and when asked why she isn't using it, she responded she couldn't figure it out? It's literally just a jug with a button on it. ONE BUTTON. So that brings us back to the original burned tea kettle that had just been thrown out.

The transcript went a little like this:

Joan(Grandma): *walks into my office. "Excuse me Chris do you know where the tea kettle is?
Me: "I don't know grandma, it's been on the radiator for months all charred and burned it probably finally got thrown out?"
(0 to 100 real quick)
Joan: "YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO THROW THAT OUT, THESE ARE MY THINGS.
Me: "Grandma the Tea Kettle was burned to a crisp inside and out. It's been sitting on the radiator for over a month. Why do you want to keep it?"
JOAN: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN I USED IT YESTERDAY, IT WASN'T BURNED. NO ONE EVEN ASKED ME BEFORE THEY THREW IT OUT.
Me: (At this point I'm getting annoyed. I have work to do, I'm an adult and she doesn't think rationally so reasoning doesn't do anything.)
Me: (calmly speaking before I lose my temper) "Listen, I never touched your teapot. I know you think you used it yesterday but you're forgetting that you burned it. Now think why would you want a teapot that has been burned inside and out, there's no use for it?
JOAN: I KNOW WHAT I DID YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT I KNOW. WHERE'S MY TEAPOT. (now completely switches up her angle) I WAS GOING TO TURN IT INTO A FLOWER POT. I WANTED TO PUT FLOWERS IN IT AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME BEFORE YOU THREW IT AWAY. NO ONE HAS ANY RESPECT FOR MY THINGS.
Me: (This was the point in the conversation where I was completely done. My grandfather was drunk in the kitchen doing crossword puzzles, my dad was out sick for the week. How could this possibly fall on me?)
Me: "I didn't throw out the tea kettle grandma, I don't know what happened to it or why you're yelling at me."
Joan: WHERE IS IT THEN I WANT TO MAKE IT INTO A FLOWER POT.
Me: "Grandpa is the one who threw it out."
Me: "(I knew as soon as I blamed him I would be left alone entirely and I was happy to do it because he's a dirtbag.)
(For the next ten minutes she goes on a rampage about the teapot and blaming my grandfather for everything and how she wants to go back to Florida and at this point I'm like, "do it." Ends with my Grandpa going outside looking in the trash and finding it in an empty bin. He comes back inside and my grandma has gone upstairs to take a nap. Most likely because she was confused as to why she was so angry now. The teapot is put in the sink.

2 hours later.

I'm eating lunch in the kitchen and my grandma comes down from her nap.
Me: "Grandma, Grandpa found the teapot it's in the sink."
Joan: "What teapot?
Me: ".....The teapot you burned that you said you wanted to plant flowers in?"
Joan: "Who said that? I never said that!"

Can you guess where the teapot ended up?

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:44 pm

jungle levels!!!!!!!!!

so I'm playing Legend of Mana because I'm trying to route cactus%, which requires an inordinate amount of science before I can even actually ROUTE THE RUN properly lmao
and so I've gotten to the Jungle
and I'm trying to map it because I'm a visual learner and the existing maps I have a hard time parsing, kinda
and also complete the first quest in there
and I keep dying, right, because I am garbage at video games haven't quite mastered powercanceling yet because well, I only started doing this on Sunday and when you die enough times you get kinda frustrated even though it's not T H A T much of a time loss because it just starts you at the beginning of the fight (or if it's a boss the cutscene before the fight which is a little more time so w/e) but they do add up especially when you're trash lmaooooo
so I'm trying to do this quest and I talked to the dudes
and I went over into Big Boss Territory (tm) aaaaand he wasn't there?!?!?! (I think you're supposed to let the faeries curse you maybe???) and so I'm like wait wtf did I miss I talked to Rosiotti and I talked to the two dudes and so I'm backtracking and I of course am dying repeatedly

and in my salt I hit "return to title screen" instead of "continue"
and I'd already had to reset a couple times for different reasons

I mean at least I have a safety save?????? but I close my eyes and see a bunch of green and me getting lost and dying and S A L T a;sdlkfj;lgkj
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm

MY TOE HURTS

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 pm

MY toe hurts. I visited the doctor yesterday to have the nail drilled to release pressure from the bruising and swelling. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm

^Jeeps. I don't know what 'having the nail drilled' entails, but it sounds awful. Anything for which that brings relief must be a nightmare in Technicolour.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 pm

:rotfl: You're awesome, Boo!!

It involves a local anaesthetic, then a syringe pulled apart and the giant needle slowly twisted on the top of the nail until it gets through just the nail. Then some oozing and BEAUTIFUL RELIEF!!!! Before that, the throbbing was intense... to the point of very little sleep and maybe some tears. ;) :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:17 am

:disbelieving:

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 am

hey my toe hurt the other day

maybe its contagious
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

MeowMan

Post by MeowMan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 am

it's contagious and spreads through internet interaction

anyway, i have to work until midnight on Christmas day. fun

United Nations

Post by United Nations » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:51 am

This is the longest week of the year when you’re a teacher. Ugh.

steeze

Post by steeze » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 am

I dropped a 50-pound barbell on my right foot last week. Ignored it because I was on vacation. Now I think one of the bones in my foot is broken? Super confused. It's coincidentally the bone that's like attached to my big toe.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Last month I ran over my right big toe with a hand-jack at work. I screamed my fool head off (luckily it was in the warehouse, where no one could hear).

Couple days back the nail popped off. Feel like I lose that one nail at least once a year. (Last time was February. I dropped a wood pallet on my foot around last Christmas, and the corner struck just perfectly on the bias. That also was horrible.)

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Man, mine is just from playing basketball in shoes that are slightly too small

Return to “Miscellaneous: Bubble Time”