If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

AW DANG I MISSED MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

The legendary VGF.com Misc forum for general and random topics.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

DarkZero
Supporter

AW DANG I MISSED MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Post by DarkZero » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 am

I was actually gonna make a post about it like a month ago but I totally forgot. I'll go ahead and say what I was going to anyway though.

I found VGF through SMBHQ and Neglected Mario Characters like a lot of people did (though the comic had already been fairly inactive by the time I got around to it). Still, it seemed that the NC forums were active enough so I made an account and started posting.

VGF was actually the first community I was a part of. I had never joined any forums or anything like that before, I was always just a bystander on the internet, and I lacked the social ettiqute for it (as evidenced by the fact that I ragequit VGF within a month). But I didn't stay gone long. Something about this hellsite called me back. Maybe it was the fact that I had invested so much in learning about the community, or maybe it was those sweet forum skins we used to have (the grey and pea-green hues of the NC skin are permanently etched into my memory).

Anyway, over the years, VGF has put up with my embarrassing past selves, from the 13yo who was irrational and overly sensitive to the 18yo who didn't have a filter or concept of taste. VGF was always somewhere where I had friends if I needed them, and even if I didn't. I genuinely think that all of you who I've been around all these years have done a big part in shaping me into my embarrassing present self, and I thank you all for that. :)

I'm still not sure how I managed to post over 32k times though.

Apollo the Just

Re: AW DANG I MISSED MY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:58 am

I will always associate VGF with forest green because of the Zelda forum skin which I had set to my default.

This place was my first real community I was signed up for and involved with, too. This hellhole acquainted me with internet norms and gave me all of the early 2000's internet culture experiences we all went through.

And here we still are. Why doesn't this site permit us to escape ?

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 am

:ole: :party3: :party1: Congratulations, DZ!!! I'm so glad you stayed... that you managed to overcome the madness that threatens to consume the newbies. :lol: *gives you marshmallows* Hope that you can get through the next 10 years with us!! :jail: :p :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:05 am

We've been glad to have you, DZ. I'm happy to hear that our little Internet corner has been beneficial for you! Congrats on 10 years!

Jingle Jangle Kat

Post by Jingle Jangle Kat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

o/
Milestone get! :D
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Nice on the ten years, dude! I feel at this point that I'll never forget our awkward WoT conversations.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Glad you've stuck around, you're definitely a cornerstone here now. Thanks for hanging about.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Hey, congrats, man.
boo-----------------------he just won't leave

Return to “Miscellaneous: Bubble Time”