If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

RIP Muhammad Ali

Moderator: March

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

RIP Muhammad Ali

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:27 am

TRIBUTES have flooded in following the death of Muhammad Ali on Saturday.

The legendary boxer died aged 74 after losing his battle with a respiratory illness. He was admitted to hospital on Thursday with breathing difficulties and was later placed on a life-support machine.

Here’s how the world reacted.

Ali's Life in Pictures

BOXING FRATERNITY: ‘MOST TRANSFORMATIVE PERSON OF OUR TIME’

AUSSIE boxer Danny Green took to Facebook to pay tribute to the most charismatic boxer the world has ever seen, posting a photo of the two together.

“RIP to THE LEGEND,” Green wrote. “Thanks to this champion, boxers like myself were able to make a living from the sport we love. He was responsible for bringing the great sport of boxing to the masses. He captured the imagination of everyone #sadday.”

American Floyd Mayweather — who has dominated boxing in the modern era to boast a stunning 49-0 record — also credited Ali with paving the way for boxers like him to chase their dreams.
More: http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/wor ... 6fb631d523

Muhammad will be remembered for more than his boxing.
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:00 am

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

Vale.
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:09 am

I hope his live was the way he wanted it. I don't see why it wouldn't be, since he's one of the greatest boxers to ever live. But you never know.

RIP.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:44 pm

R.I.P

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:29 am

He was a boss. He's in that big boxing ring up in the sky, now.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Kil'jaeden

Post by Kil'jaeden » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 am

I admire Muhammad Ali. I think what he did in front of all those people and press, refusing to go to Vietnam and saying he would fight them all right there, was far more admirable than any boxing he did. There are a lot of athletes that make no impression outside of their sport. And many people can be controlled by threatening their titles or career, as happened to him. But he did not bow to any pressure, even if they were going to put him in jail. And he was right, why have any loyalty toward a government that is not for your people's interests(in his case, black Muslim separatists)? Not one in a hundred in this country today would stand up for their own people to the state and public opinion like he did. That goes for any people, we need more with that kind of mettle.

I have also heard from things written and spoken by people that knew him, that he was very personable and down to earth. I think that comes through in his interviews as well.
The man who is blind, deaf,and silent lives in peace.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:16 am

Float like a butterfly, sting like a dead guy.

R.I.P.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:51 am

Ali was one of the realest dudes ever and an inspiration to millions. May he rest in peace.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Return to “Sports & Fitness”