If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

2016 NFL Discussion/ Pick'em Thread

Moderator: March

glux

Post by glux » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:57 pm

I just realized the Falcons logo is an F.
FTP

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 pm

I just realized Atlanta is not in fact a sunken city of Greek legend.

Auron

Post by Auron » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:29 am

Am I the only one that thinks New England is bad for the NFL? I mean, really. There's no point in watching until Tom Brady and Darth Hoodie retire. They are going to be in the championship game / Superbowl every year. It hasn't been fun to watch for years.

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:07 pm

You're a Bills fan, I'm a Dolphins fan. We've both suffered Hoodie and the Buttchin for nearly two decades. Maybe we're both a little biased, but I kind of agree. I don't think anyone besides us really cares because HUCK IT CHUCK IT FOOTBALL, MURICA, but it has taken the thrill away from AFC fans, and especially from AFC East fans not in New England.

Auron

Post by Auron » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:56 pm

It's kind of funny how at some point in time there was a visciously heated rivalry between the Bills and Dolphins, but no one around here even really cares anymore (not even the older fans) because they hate the Patriots so damn much. We've become comrades in misery now.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Goodell would certainly agree with you about the Patriots being bad for the NFL.
Carthago delendum est

Auron

Post by Auron » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Yeah, but I also don't agree with Goodell on L.A. needing seventeen teams. I'm very much anti-relocation, but most of that is probably because I know how close my team was to moving to Toronto. Letting owners hold cities that they've been in for 40+ years hostage is a dickbag move and he should be let go for basically pissing on all those decades of history. Las Vegas is going to tank and both the Chargers and Rams are going to be losing money in 10 years.

And the referees are not fine.

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 pm

I can't really blame the referees when the NFL changes what is and isn't a catch every other week. You're right on about L.A. and Vegas though. These douchecanoe billionaire owners have the gall to paint themselves as these charity cases in desperate need of public money just so they don't have to spend their own; the Dolphins' owner, Stephen Ross, is just as guilty of this sh*t as the rest of them. If you ask me, St. Louis is better off without Kroenke, the Rams and their bullsh*t, especially after they trashed the city on the way out. Not a viable market, my ass; the Cardinals don't seem to have a problem selling out Busch Stadium, but then again, they're not trotting out hot garbage year after year.

Auron

Post by Auron » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:25 am

The refs are getting bad at things that have been standard for years though. Again, my bias may be showing a little bit, but the 5 seconds before the half of the Seahawks-Bills game this year was an undeniable debacle of hilarious proportions, and the NFL did nothing to reprimand that referee crew. Hell, even the Boston Globe thought the officiating was garbage in a Monday Night game last year that the Patriots won versus the Bills. And they actually defended the Bills.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 am

[QUOTE="Gumchum, post: 1621594, member: 15474"]especially after they trashed the city on the way out[/QUOTE] Wait, what.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

glux

Post by glux » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 pm

^ Didn't they leave before the stadium was even paid off, therefore throwing dumping it onto the taxpayers of STL?

I feel like I should like Tom Brady, him being from Michigan and all, but I hate seeing the same **** teams over and over...
If it would have ended up NE vs GB, I would have just shot myself.
FTP

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:15 pm

[QUOTE="CaptHayfever, post: 1621632, member: 25169"]Wait, what.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"[/QUOTE]
http://deadspin.com/in-application-to-m ... 1751320853

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:19 am

Oh, that. I knew about that; I thought you meant the players.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Sports & Fitness”