If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

General NCAAF Thread

Moderator: March

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 pm

My bottom four is everyone. There is nothing to be happy about when you're an Illinois fan.

Jingle Jangle Kat

Post by Jingle Jangle Kat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 pm

There, there. -patpat-
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:44 pm

All 129 major CFB teams Pokémon:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... his-is-fun

My school-
Texas A&M: This is easy. Alakazam. Fast, hip, mysterious, great attacks, but unable to take a punch. And has to betransferred traded away to reach its full potential.

I also really liked this answer-
Kansas: Wario.Not a Pokemon, but really good at a completely different game.

glux

Post by glux » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:42 am

Michigan:
Impressive stats, but easily one of the most weird and uncomfortable. One that you would absolutely not want coming over to your sleepover. Michigan is Jynx, a cold-weather humanoid thing that impersonates humans until people join it, much like Jim Harbaugh.
lol
Michigan State: It's hard to figure out the most disrespect-fueled Pokemon.
We vote for Tauros, a tough bull that has solid stats and can learn many effective moves, but is often ignored.
OOOOH BUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuurn?
Purdue: OLD AMBER isn't even a Pokemon. It's a fossil that could turn into a Pokemon late in the game. Purdue isn't even really a football team right now.

Rutgers: Clearly, a Game Boy. Without it, none of this would be possible, but it's pretty useless all by itself.
OUCH! lmao
FTP

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:59 am

Illinois: Ponyta, a potentially decent Pokemon most notable for being actively on fire. That sounds like Illinois, a program that's seen its share of scandal.
Not inaccurate.[DOUBLEPOST=1456667978,1456667849][/DOUBLEPOST]You could also say Illinois is Muk, because it's basically liquid sh*t.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Eastern Michigan: MISSINGNO, the glitch Pokemon. If Eastern Michigan is on your screen, something went horribly wrong.

PataPanfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by PataPanfan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:04 pm

^ as somebody who has witnessed Eastern Michigan football more than once, this is accurate.

Also:
BYU: A Pokemon known for punching people, but not for being good at punching people. Hitmonchan it is.
Notre Dame: Aerodactyl, the mighty and prehistoric Pokemon. Just like Notre Dame's national championships.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Gumchum

Post by Gumchum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:03 pm

That ND one is delightfully brutal.

glux

Re: General NCAAF Thread

Post by glux » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama.

1. I'm not going to lie, I'm not sure how Michigan got into a better bowl game than Michigan State did...
Unranked Michigan vs unranked South Carolina in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day, and 18 Mich State va 16 Washington State in the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 28th... Seems a little backwards, but hey, I can't complain.

2. Hopefully Ohio gets rocked by USC in the Cotton Bowl.

3.I wish the Rose and Sugar Bowls were kept they're own separate thing instead of being part of the playoffs. They're already playing for the National Championship...

Return to “Sports & Fitness”