Alliance of American Football.

Moderator: March

VG_Addict

Alliance of American Football.

Post by VG_Addict » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:20 am

A new spring football league will launch a week after Super Bowl LIII. Check it out for yourself: https://aaf.com/

Does it have a chance to succeed?

steeze

Re: Alliance of American Football.

Post by steeze » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 am

-25 points because they're calling themselves the Alliance of American Football.
What were other potential names? The Consortium of Pigskin? The United States of America Football Union?
Sounds like a bunch of old pros are gonna piss away their savings on some pipedream thinking they're on the ground floor of the next UFC.

The XFL failed miserably. Not even like a shred of dignity for the past 17 years and now they're trying to come back as well. This whole NFL losing viewership is what I would attribute to the reason all these niche leagues are trying to crawl into the spotlight. I'm not sure if it's even true and honestly, the people who stopped watching football because of some dumb controversy about the national anthem don't even really watch football anyway.

No one's gonna care about some intramural league IMO. Retired players aren't gonna play in it. Pro players aren't gonna play in it. Every self-respecting good player in college isn't gonna play in it. I think that if you even have to ask if a business has a chance to succeed then they're already dead in the water. The NFL owners have 61 billion to burn between themselves and even the Bills are valued over a billion dollars. Isn't Arena Football already the Niche football thing that's barely managed to survive all this time?

End rant. I think that history will repeat itself as it always does and it will be funny to read about in a year.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:36 am

it won't succeed. it has very little chance. there hasn't been a successful competitor to the nfl up to this point and there most likely never will be.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:03 am

It doesnt help that I'm hearing about it four months before it's supposed to start.

Apparently, it's already got a deal with CBS to air its games and may even get primetime spots. But it's gotta put itself out there and give people a reason to watch it. We shouldn't be only hearing about it four months before its about to start.

Return to “Sports & Fitness”