If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Football Pre-Season 2017: Transfer Market Madness

Moderator: March

Follow The Buzzards

Football Pre-Season 2017: Transfer Market Madness

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:16 am

Hello everyone, was thinking of starting this thread to maybe the few of you who follow a little of football (soccer, before anyone gets confused) as the pre-season is on-going and the transfer market is going rather wild. So just gonna drop a few updates in here every so often when I see them! (Maybe even of other things if you people are interested! :] )
Part 1
L'Equipe say Real Madrid and Monaco have agreed on a fee for Mbappe reaching the insane value of €200m.

The saga for the young 18 year old french striker continues as Arsenal has pulled out of the deal for Kylian Mbappe (A deal that was reaching €120m) With Real Madrid chasing last years Ligue 1 star. L'Equipe published that the fee has been agreed on at €180m + €20m for objectives, if all is true Mbappe will become the most expensive transfer in the world of football at such a young age. Overtaking another French player Paul Pogba when he transfered from Juventus to Manchester United for €105m back in 2016

BBC reports that Inter Milan will discuss all bids thrown for Ivan Perisic.

Ivan Perisic had a fantastic season at Inter and with that came interest from many top dogs in the English Premier League including Manchester United. Once reported as a done deal for the Reds now it seems that it's anything but DONE. As it is said Inter will consider the offers clubs are willing to throw to secure the services of the heavily contested Croatian winger.

Swansea City see their €17m bid for OGC Nice midfielder Jean-Michaël Seri rejected. Arsenal and Spurs now on the prowl according to L'Equipe.

Swansea tried to pull a fast one on Seri, the midfielder had a very solid season in Ligue 1, but their ambitions came crashing down as Nice refused to let the player go for what they considered a low ammount. Guess you could say they didn't take the offer very "seri-ously". The rejection of the bid sparked the interest of two other english teams Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur but with no further information if any bid was placed in.

More news to come later in the day, hope you guys enjoy this tiny read.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:31 am

Part 2
A few more fresh news coming in!

According to football-italia Napoli have rejected bids of up to €30m for Elseid Hysaj from Inter Milan and Bayern Munich

Juventus had already gotten denied by Napoli when shown interest in signing the Albanian right-back Hysaj, now it was Inter and Bayern's turn to get the door shut in their face as Napoli seems to really want to stick to their guns and keep the player with Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentis saying he had no intention of even listening to offers for the player.

Liverpool's Lazar Markovic linked with Fiorentina for a transfer

After disappointing loan spells at Hull City and Sporting, Liverpool is looking on to sell Lazar Markovic, after the serbian not making it to the 30 men taken on Liverpool's pre-season line up. On the line of interested clubs comes Fiorentina, but the english club is expecting £16m for the 23 year old winger, which may be just out of their reach. Leicester City is reported as another interested club.

Renato Sanches close to signing for AC Milan for €40m

While still seen as a massive prodigy and one of the future's best players Renato Sanches has really failed to impress in Germany under the services of Bayern Munich, both with unappealing performances and lack of games due to a stacked roster on the German squad, Bayern is now looking to maybe profit from the youngster. His transfer last year cost Bayern €35m + €45m for objectives (None of which were accomplished), when he was purchased from Benfica.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:54 am

Oh, cool. I've been trying to get into Premier League and wider European football a bit, so this thread will help me capture some storylines. Thanks for this.
Carthago delendum est

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:00 am

[QUOTE="Marilink, post: 1638964, member: 23215"]Oh, cool. I've been trying to get into Premier League and wider European football a bit, so this thread will help me capture some storylines. Thanks for this.[/QUOTE]

All good! Pre-season is usually when all the transfers break down (Although the winter market isn't that bad, just not as many top tier moves) and there's a few crazy ones going around right now, like the Mbappe one or Neymar's drama, I would've posted about that one but it's suuuper farfetched right now.
Glad you enjoyed it :]

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 am

The Neymar one just sounds like this year's version of the annual "... is buying Messi for 97 trillion euros!" story.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:08 am

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1638969, member: 34539"]The Neymar one just sounds like this year's version of the annual "... is buying Messi for 97 trillion euros!" story.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, specially when it just came out of thin air. They simply couldn't pick Messi this year because of the contract renewal and the Ronaldo train is already long gone after the tax scandal thing. Only needs more Manchester United is buying every player in the universe stories and it'll be another common year as far as transfers go!

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:30 am

Part 3
Nolito officially presented as Sevilla's newest signing - DONE DEAL

Sevilla have secured 30 year old spanish winger Nolito from Manchester City, a deal valued at €9m. Nolito now returns to his home country once again after a one year spell with the english team where he was signed for €18m, a rather harsh loss of money after an uninspired season by the player, this leaves Sevilla's fans hoping he returns to his old form.

Napoli willing to pay €27m for Fiorentina's Federico Chiesa.

Fiorentina keeps coming out as a selling club even after Bernadeschi was confirmed at Juventus, everyone wants a piece of the Fiorentina pie. Now it's Napoli who's asking for a slice as they're willing to bid €27m for one with a Chiesa flavour. The 19 year old right winger had an extremely successful season and is attracting interest from everywhere. Fiorentina doesn't really seem to mind selling their biggest talents, leaving fans bothered the club isn't really invested in even trying to make a championship run, but being more concerned about the money, simply making them wish for a return of their former glory.

Ondřej Mazuch officially confirmed as Hull City's new center-back - DONE DEAL

Hull City have just posted on their twitter a reveal of new signing Ondřej Mazuch, the Chech International for an undisclosed fee (as of now) and apparently a 2 year contract. The defender previously played for Sparta Praha and will now join the Tigers for the season.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am

Monaco's VP Vadim Vasilyev on Kylian Mbappé: "I assure you there is no agreement with any club" - RUMOURS/DRAMA

Monaco's vice-president came forth to reveal that there is no agreement with any club so far, throwing the rumours of an imminent Real Madrid transfer down the drain at least so far, with many speculating this is just to deter the media from influencing the decision of the youngster.

Chile to be deducted points after Bolivia situation. Argentina to move up in the World Cup Qualifier. - DRAMA

It is being studied by CONMEBOL for Chile to be deducted two points from their current standings in the World Cup Qualifiers following Bolivia’s fiasco, which would leapfrog Argentina to an automatic qualification spot for the next World Cup in forth place.
Before this situation Chile were in fifth and Argentina fourth, but an appeal from Chile after played Bolivia (for having fielded an inleligble player, in which the game ended 0-0) produced a case and followed up by giving Chile the full 3 points for that match.
Now there's a counter appeal and it seems the initial decision will be reversed. The reason being that the initial appeal was sent more than 24 hours after the match. (Which appears to be the window at a federations disposal if they want to appeal, although it's not set in stone).

Henri Saivet, Tim Krul and Achraf Lazaar have no future in Newcastle United, Rafa Benitez says.

Newly promoted to the Premier League side Newcastle United has started its squad renovations and it starts by cutting some legs from the start. The first three in the chopping block are Senegal Midfielder Henri Saivet, Dutch Goalkeeper Tim Krul and Moroccan Left-Back Achraf Lazaar. The representatives of the players have been instructed to find their clients new clubs for the new season as manager Rafa Benitez says their futures lie elsewhere.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:50 am

New day new news! Good morning everyone!

The United States become CONCACAF Gold Cup Champions - GAME DAY

Americans rejoice as the US National Team have beaten Jamaica (2-1) in the final to become the Gold Cup Champions with goals from Altidore and Morris (At the 88th minute) to seal the deal against the jamaicans

The International Champions Cup has kicked off! - GAME DAY

The pre-season cup has kicked off with games between some of the most important teams in the world battling it out, here's some of the results!

Manchester City - Real Madrid (4-1)
Scorers for Man City: N. Otamendi 52', R. Sterling 59', J. Stones 67', Brahim Diaz 81'
Scorers for Real Madrid: Óscar 90'

Barcelona - Manchester United (1-0)
Scorers for Barcelona: Neymar 31'

Juventus - Paris Saint-Germain (3-2)
Scorers for Juventus: Higuain 45', Marchisio 62', 89' (P.K)
Scorers for Paris Saint-Germain: Guedes 53', Pastore 80'

Next games will be on the 29th when Manchester City faces off against Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid goes up against eternal rivals Barcelona, in a sample of El Classico.

Iniesta will be continuing without renewing contract, will be allowed to have contract talks with other clubs in January - RUMOURS

The spanish and Barcelona legend Iniesta is slowly but surely making his way towards his last year in Barcelona although the details are not known it seems Barça doesn't want to renew with the spaniard, mostly due to high wages and an aging player. Question is, with a player with the class and quality of Iniesta for free on the market, how many clubs are willing to take a shot at signing him?

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 am

2nd batch coming up!

Liverpool put £133m price tag on Coutinho to scare off Barcelona - TRANSFER NEWS

Barcelona's interest in Coutinho has only been rising these past few days, specially with all the rumours surrounding a possible exit from one of their stars Neymar to PSG. Liverpool really don't want to let go of the brazilian and have apparently set a price tag of £133m(€150m) to send a pay what we want or no-sale message to the spanish giants.

Rummenigge: "Renato Sanches doesn't want to leave, but he wants to play, if anything we'll loan him out for one year, he can become a great player for Bayern." - TRANSFER NEWS

After initial news saying Sanches would've been close to signing for AC Milan, the president of Bayern Karl-Heinz Rummenigge states that it's their intent to keep the player under contract with Bayern, with a loan being a possibility to give the player more minutes than he had last year with a 1 year deal to another german club being the best case scenario in Bayern's eyes to give Sanches more playtime to get used to the Bundesliga style.

Pep Guardiola reveals that Manchester City's new signing Mendy will be out for the beginning of the season - INJURY

Bad luck has struck down in Manchester and Benjamin Mendy's pre-season as it was confirmed by manager Pep Guardiola that the 23 year old french left-back did contract a thigh injury which will leave Mendy out of 2-3 weeks therefor unavailable to play at the Man City's English Premier League's opening fixture against Brighton on August 12.
The player had just recently been acquired from Monaco for the sum of £49.2m.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:10 am

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of news, have been quite busy with work lately..

Manchester United announce Nemanja Matic as a signing in a 3 year contract - DONE DEAL

Chelsea have done goofed again as they let Nemanja Matic go for a second time, the serbian had a couple of amazing seasons for Chelsea being a rock in the CDM spot for the blues, but now Man Utd have announced they have signed the player with a 3 year contract!

Premier League FA will ban divers for 2 matches - RULING

"The bans, which come into effect from Friday night when the Sky Bet Championship begins, are only set to apply to incidents that result in a penalty being awarded or the dismissal of an opponent."
So in theory the bans won't happen if there's no penalty or red card given.

MLS to start using VAR (Video Assistant Referees) this weekend - RULING

VARs will come in to Major League Soccer for the round of games on Aug. 5-6, after the All-Star Game on Aug. 2 in Chicago which marks the traditional midway point of the season.
It will be used for all of the remaining MLS games, plus MLS Cup playoffs and MLS Cup itself.

Once again I apolgize for the lack of updates! More will come whenever work isn't killing me slowly. Have a good day everyone!

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:06 am

Not thrilled to see Matic go, but Kante pretty much has his traditional role covered at this point. You could do a lot worse for 40M.

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:32 pm

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1639622, member: 34539"]Not thrilled to see Matic go, but Kante pretty much has his traditional role covered at this point. You could do a lot worse for 40M.[/QUOTE]

I really rated Matic, but I support Benfica so i've liked him for a while now, he was amazing there and amazing at Chelsea, but 40M is more than a reasonable price when you have someone like Kante. Although going to another top EPL club maybe is not the best move considering his quality.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Welp, the Neymar rumor was real. No idea how PSG think they're ever going to make 200M back, but I guess that's the world we live in now.

How high are buyout clauses going to go now that we have that precedent?

Return to “Sports & Fitness”