If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

A forum specifically for the visual and literary arts.

Moderator: е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я
Supermod

FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 am

1-up salesman wrote:If i knew how to post drawings I probably already would of. drawing is one of my #1 hobbies.
FIRST: You have to get an off-site host for your images. There are sites specifically designed for this, like www.Photobucket.com where you can sign up for an account - many regular host sites like www.Angelfire.com (Hosts meant specifically for personal websites) will NOT allow image-linking, so be wary of them.

SECOND: Once you have uploaded an image to a host-server, you need the HTTP address to link it. You can link to images using this code, where you substitute your actual host's address and image file name for the stand-in address and file name:

Code: Select all

[noparse][IMG]http://www.your-host-address-here.com/your-image-file[/IMG][/noparse]
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Ace Mercury

Post by Ace Mercury » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Thank you for making one of these things. Now I have a place to redirect these newboys.

Also, you can use the [noparse][noparse][/noparse] tags, if you actually want to use the [img] tag in your example.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks, I always forget about those ones. You'd think the code tags would have the same effect, but of course not.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

1-up Salesman

Post by 1-up Salesman » Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 am

Ah, little me.

Artemis008

Re: FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

Post by Artemis008 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

This needs a small update, photo bucket is charging 400$ a year. Get Imgur instead.

Return to “Arts and Literature - Second and Better PPR Forum”