If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

A forum specifically for the visual and literary arts.

Moderator: е и ժ е я

е и ժ е я
Supermod

FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 am

1-up salesman wrote:If i knew how to post drawings I probably already would of. drawing is one of my #1 hobbies.
FIRST: You have to get an off-site host for your images. There are sites specifically designed for this, like https://postimages.org/ where you can sign up for an account, and occasionally won't need to sign up. Such as is the case with PostImage. Many regular host sites like www.Angelfire.com (Hosts meant specifically for personal websites) may NOT allow image-linking, so be wary of them.

SECOND: Once you have uploaded an image to a host-server, you need the HTTP address to link it. You can link to images using this code, where you substitute your actual host's address and image file name for the stand-in address and file name:

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://www.your-host-address-here.com/your-image-file[/IMG]
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Ace Mercury

Post by Ace Mercury » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Thank you for making one of these things. Now I have a place to redirect these newboys.

Also, you can use the [noparse][noparse][/noparse] tags, if you actually want to use the [img] tag in your example.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks, I always forget about those ones. You'd think the code tags would have the same effect, but of course not.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

1-up Salesman

Post by 1-up Salesman » Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 am

Ah, little me.

Artemis008

Re: FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

Post by Artemis008 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

This needs a small update, photo bucket is charging 400$ a year. Get Imgur instead.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Re: FOR NEWBIES: HOW TO POST IMAGES

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm
This needs a small update, photo bucket is charging 400$ a year. Get Imgur instead.
Hey, thanks for pointing that one out. Imgur is fine, but I heartily recommend Postimage.org for anyone who doesn't want to sign up for yet another web account.

Return to “Arts and Literature - Second and Better PPR Forum”