The MOBA games thread -- LoL, DotA, etc

Moderator: Jere

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Sun May 11, 2014 2:20 am

I was thinking maybe some of us could hold a Dota tournament sometime. Just play a couple of games online and see how we go?

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 am

So has anyone tried Ursa out? I'm really liking his skill set and damage potential. I really want to play him.

heh

Post by heh » Thu May 22, 2014 2:55 am

[QUOTE="Scarecrow, post: 1464535, member: 37446"]So has anyone tried Ursa out? I'm really liking his skill set and damage potential. I really want to play him.[/QUOTE]

ursa absolutely **** damage, his problem is he has zero ranged ability or movement abilites. he gets kited easily and if your up against mobile foes you will spend your fights walking around or getting stunned/slowed instead of hitting people. To make up for this, need to have teamates cover for you by stunning people so you can rip them apart or keeping them from stunning you. the more people are in the fight the harder this is however. The other thing to do is get items that let you close the distance. blink dagger or shadow blade is core on ursa, any build without one of these two items is Wrong (and honestly i'm not a big fan of shadowblade ursa, get a blink). once you have blink, your plan is to find a dude who you can kill, use both your buff abilitys, blink on him, earth shock to keep him in place and then tear him a new one with your buffed autoattacks.

The other thing about ursa is that he is by far the best roshan killing hero in the game. you can kill roshan in about a minute with a single lifesteal item and 4 levels in your passive (so level 7, minimum), this is usually like 10 minutes into the game. If you farm lightning-fast and get a lifesteal mask and a medallion, you can do it level 5, for 6 minute roshes.

your item build should basically be brown boots > vlads > medallion if you can get it fast and haven't done the first rosh yet >blink dagger (or shadowblade if your a huge nerd) > other things like bkb (don't get stunned in the middle of your combo), basher (6 hits at max speed practically guarantees a bash, goes through bkb, extremely useful for bulkier dudes who might not go from 100% to zero in one combo, since the bash will get you at least one extra hit in, probably more. also stops people with ghost scepters or force staffs from getting away) > big health items, heart or skad or cuirassi. heart just makes you tanky as hell, skadi will slow the enemy so they won't get away without a movement ability. cuirass makes you tanky the -armor synergizes absurdly well with your massive damage output. Ultra luxury items are abyssal blade (stun on demand through bkb) and sheepstick (none of the stats help you, but the stun is incredibly long and not melee-range like abyssal. doesn't go through bkb tho). Also since the most recent patch i've seen some people get diffusal, since its effect works with ursa now and the slow is great and goes through bkb.

Skill build is max passive > attack speed booster> earthshock with one level of earth shock early on, getting ult whenever you can.

The best way to lane ursa is with a support with a stun or strong slow, like cm, shadow shaman or venomancer. if they ever get to close, the support stuns them and ursa walks up and wails on them. you can go for kills starting from level 2 like this, its REALLY strong. if you don't have a good stun support, your probably best off jungling ursa. Ursa is basically the only hero who can tank jungle creeps by himself and just kill camps, altough avoid the hard camps until you get lv 5 or the lifesteal mask. laning ursa without a strong stun really sucks unless your up against a double melee lane, he just can't do anything to stop people from walking away when he approaches.

finally, one thing to note is that although ursa is technically and agi hero, you should really just pretend hes a strength hero. his ult scales on hitpoints so buying health items still gives lots of damage. Hes going to be in the middle of the fight all the time and the enemy is going to try to focus you because if they can't kill you or kite you they will be torn apart by your ridiculous damage, so you need health. Also, don't buy damage items (other then basher), because ursa will NEVER fall behind in damage because of how is passive works. the more times you hit a person, the more damage they take, even if your fighting lategame hard carries ursa will be annihilating massive amounts of hp. daedelus crits don't multiply the passive bonus, attack speed from mjolnor is irrelevant since his active ability sets him to max, mkb and deso are simply a drop in the bucket compared to his passive and don't give health. Every item ursa gets should either keep enemies from getting away from him or make him tankier (except vlads, which lets him do rosh and jungle and gives him enough mana regen to use his abilities alot.)

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Mon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Best I've ever done. And this was my first time playing him.

Rainbow Dash

Post by Rainbow Dash » Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm

at first i was like whoa but then i saw "bot"

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Yeah I don't play a lot of pubs because I don't wanna let down my team. I'll just practice with bots till I can do that every time.

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Fri May 30, 2014 2:26 am

storm spirit has the best voice in anything ever
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -
GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 am

It's pretty good.

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm

wraith king is bitching
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -
GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Sand King I love you

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:48 am

NOW TRY ON PLAYERS VS BOTS

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 am

MAYBE I WILL

IF THE NET HERE WASN'T SO ****

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm

What do you think of 6.82 so far?

Tom_Gun

Post by Tom_Gun » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:39 am

Umm time to revive the DOTA thread! So The international 6 just ended, I can not explain how mind boggling the last few matches were.
EG vs DC, DC vs WINGS. Fnatic making it to the 4th position. By the end it was complete *Satisfaction* :tongue:

Final Standing :

1st - $9,120,223:'http://www.gosugamers.net/teams/9032-wings-gaming'Wings Gaming
2nd - $3,420,084: DC
3rd -$2,176,417: EG
4th - $1,450,945: Fnatic

Previous Highlights!

I would say to everyone who has every played DOTA2, watch the finals!

Return to “Computer Gaming & Tech”