If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Stage of the Month #68: You Never Give Me Your Money

Moderator: CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Stage of the Month #68: You Never Give Me Your Money

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:20 pm

GOLDEN PLAINS

Source: Mario series
Appears in: Smash 4 3DS
Home characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Bowser Jr.

Availability: Starter
Type: Metamorphic
Hazards: Gold Fighters, screen scroll

Music:
"Athletic Theme/Ground Theme (New Super Mario Bros. 2)"
"Ground Theme/Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)"

Trivia:
--One becomes a Gold Fighter after collecting 100 coins. Gold Fighters have stronger attacks & don't flinch, similarly to getting a Metal Box (likewise, Mr. G&W takes on the 3D-esque sheen he also gets from a Metal Box). This is the only stage where the hazard is technically just the actual fighters.
--The Gold Fighter form is based on the Gold Flower power up in New Super Mario Bros 2. Luigi's Gold-Fighter form in this game is gold like everyone else's, even though he actually turns silver in NSMB2 when he gets a Gold Flower.
--Infernal Climax makes any Gold Fighters change back to normal. Gold Fighters eaten by Super Pac-Man will also turn back to normal.
--Red rings can appear to make red coins (worth 5 coins each) appear. P-switches can appear to make blue coins appear.
--Scrolling is disabled in For Fun.
--Tourney-banned for being a massive metaphorical flipping of the bird to the standard no-items rule. Probably also for walk-off edges.

There's nothing wrong with this stage persay. I personally just find it kinda boring.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:23 am

I totally forgot becoming a Gold Fighter on this level was a thing.

Man, I just realized how long it's been since I played Smash 4 3DS.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Return to “Super Smash Bros.: Final Destination”