Item of the Month #84: Here, The Chort.

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm

TROPHY

Source: Super Smash Bros.
Featured in: Melee, Brawl, Smash 4
Type: Collectible
Special effect: Mostly just bling

Trivia:
--With the exception of the Birdo trophy in Melee, which unlocks the Mushroom Kingdom II stage, trophies are basically just for show.
--Three Melee trophies (Mario & Yoshi, Samus Unmasked, & Tamagon) are only accessible outside of Japan by hacking the game.
--Obtainable in the following ways....
----Melee (290 total): Snag the Trophies, Trophy Lottery, the All-Star rest area, random drops in Adventure stages, Trophy Tussle Events, completing each 1P mode with each character, & various specific objectives.
----Brawl (544 total): Coin Launcher, the All-Star and Boss-Battles rest areas, Celebi, item boxes & Trophy Stands in Subspace Emissary, completing 1P mode with each character (including separate completions for each transformation of Zelda/Sheik, Pkmn Trainer, & Samus/ZSS), & various Challenges.
----Smash 4 (707 3DS, 743 WiiU): Trophy Rush, Shop, random drops in Smash Run & regular matches, DLC, the All-Star rest area, completing each 1P mode with each character, & various Challenges.

I'm still kinda pissed about the Birdo trophy being a random drop, since it holds a stage captive in the process, so you might just never get to finish unlocking all of Melee (unless you get enough coins to break the Lottery).

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

X-3

Re: Item of the Month #84: Here, The Chort.

Post by X-3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Trophies haven't felt interesting to me since Melee. There's just so many that none of them feel special to actually get, especially since they've been model rips since Brawl.

ScottyMcGee

Re: Item of the Month #84: Here, The Chort.

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 am

I've felt the same way tbh about trophies. I would sometimes spend time going through the gallery in Melee. I don't think I've done that in Brawl and Wii U.

Return to “Super Smash Bros.: Final Destination”