If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Other Thing of the Month #69: Go Home, Sakurai, You're Drunk

Moderator: CaptHayfever

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Other Thing of the Month #69: Go Home, Sakurai, You're Drunk

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 am

TRIPPING

Featured in: Brawl
Function: Make Melee-obsessives angry

Trivia:
--Also known as "Prat Falling" (the "official" name for the mechanic) & "slipping" (the name used in the game's data files).
--Has a chance to happen from any dash, pivot, smash attack, or smashed side special on the ground (with higher likelihood on ice).
--Also can be caused by certain attacks: Banana Peel (both Diddy's & Tingle's), Negative Zone, uncharged Wario Waft, Reflector, Judgement lvl 2, & various downward-angled standard moves.
--A few of those attacks can still induce tripping in Smash 4 as an inherent effect, but random tripping is gone.
--Characters who have tripped have the same recovery options as if they had been knocked over: floor attacks, ground rolls, & standing.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Slipping was the best part of Brawl. In the next Smash game I want them to remove fighting entirely and have the whole game just be characters slipping around uncontrollably.

With wacky sound effects.

Return to “Super Smash Bros.: Final Destination”