If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Microsoft E3 2016.

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: The Missing Link

VG_Addict

Microsoft E3 2016.

Post by VG_Addict » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Is it that time of year again already? Why, yes it is. And as always, I'm here to guide you through the E3 conferences.

Xbox One S. It's 40% smaller, has an integrated power supply, HDR gaming, 4K Ultra, and a new wireless controller, with increased range.

Phil Spencer comes on and says the Xbox One S comes out in August, starting at $299.

Gears of War co-creator Rod Fergusson and talks about Gears of War 4. You can play it on XBOX and Windows 10 PC. It comes out on October 11th, and supports cross-play.

Laura Bailey comes on and shows gameplay for GoW4.

Rukari Austin comes on and talks about Killer Instinct. Trailer for General Raam as a playable character.

Trailer for Forza: Horizon 3.

Ralph Fulton comes on and shows four people playing the game.

It offers 4 player co-op. You can join other players with a single button press. It comes out September 27th.

Trailer for ReCore. Comes out September 12th.

Hajime Tabata and Matthew Kishimoto for Final Fantasy XV.

Demo for Final Fantasy XV. The demo shows the Trial of Titan. Comes out September 30.

Trailer for Tom Clancy's the Division Underground.

Patrick Bach, general manager for DICE comes on and talks about Battlefield 1. You can play it when it comes out October 21. You can play first on XBOX with EA Access October 13th.

Mike Ybarra, head of Platform Engineering comes on and talks about XBOX Live. Cross Network play.

Minecraft Realm friendly update, where you can host your own worlds and play with your friends, even when you're not online. There are Minecraft Add-Ons, where you can make enemies use fireballs. It comes out this fall. You can play Realms for free now.

New Wireless controller. you can customize it.

From the creators of Limbo comes Inside, available June 29.

Chris Charla comes on and talks about Inside. Limbo is free on XBOX One starting today. A montage of a bunch of indie games. Arc: Survivor of All has sold a million, and will be available on Windows 10 this fall. You can play games before they come out, and give feedback to the developers.

Guillame Provost comes on and shows a game that takes place in early 60s England, called We Happy Few. It's available on XBOX Game Preview July 26th.

Damien Monnier, lead designer, comes out and talks about a game called Gwent, which is a Witcher card game. You can battle people around the world. There's also a single-player campaign. You can choose from four factions. It comes out September 2016.

Bandai-Namco presents Tekken 7. It comes out in 2017. It shows Akuma and Heihachi fighting

Two people come out and say there will be a new story mode. For XBOX Live Gold members, you get a free version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Trailer for Dead Rising 4. It comes out in 2016.

Shannon Loftis, head of Microsoft Studios Publishing, comes out. Hideki Kamiya comes out and talks about Scalebound's Co-op. It's on XBOX Play Anywhere, where you can play either on XBOX One or Windows 10. It comes out in 2017.

Trailer for Sea of Thieves.

Rare studio head Craig Duncan comes on and talks about Sea of Thieves. You search the world for hidden treasure.

He shows Sea of Thieves gameplay.

Trailer for State of Decay 2, coming in 2017.

Trailer for Halo Wars 2.

Dan Ayoub comes out and talks about Halo Wars 2. They face a new enemy called the Banished. It comes out February 21, 2017. They're launching a week-long beta right now.

Phil Spencer comes on and shows new XBOX Live features.

The XBOX One Scorpio comes out Holiday 2017. 6 Teraflops of power, and 4K gaming, as well as VR. It, the One S, and the One, will all be compatible.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:22 pm

teraflops

teraflops
Carthago delendum est

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Well that's boring. Now I remember my XBOX never appealed to me.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Didn't see it, but it sounds like ReCore and FFXV were all I'd care about, and I already knew about them from last year.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Not gonna lie, ReCore looks freaking sweet.
Carthago delendum est

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:04 pm

I am moderately worried by the fact it'll almost certainly use Microsoft's dumb Windows 10 store and that Keiji Inafune is apparently doing that and the fiasco that is Mighty No. 9 at the same time, but it's a neat idea at an absolute minimum.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:49 am

There are a few games that really appeal to me from that press conference. Unfortunately, it's not nearly enough to convince me to shell out the money for an Xbox One, even the Slim version.

Though seriously, why are they announcing the Xbox 1.5 a year and a half in advance? Isn't that just going to make people more hesitant to buy XBoxen* between here and two Christmases hence?

* The preferred plural of XBox.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 am

Gotta hype those gigaflops and use them to roflstomp some noobs.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am

^^ Yeah, I don't know who would get one now unless they absolutely must play something on the system now.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 am

There's speculation that they weren't going to announce the 1.5 this conference, just the slim, but their hand may have been forced by some leaked information two weeks ago that confirmed both systems.
Carthago delendum est

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:48 am

Well, also the fact that Sony advertised their PS4K early too.

As an aside, ReCore is the primary game from their conference that I would really want. But it's probably the only exclusive that really would tempt me.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:33 pm

It's possible the Scorpio and ReCore were announced early in response to the NX.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:33 pm

ReCore was announced last year. Do you just mean the release?

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Yeah. My bad.

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”