If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Microsoft E3 2015 Thread.

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: The Missing Link

VG_Addict

Microsoft E3 2015 Thread.

Post by VG_Addict » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Wow, is it already time for another E3? Time sure flies, huh? Anyway, let's get started:

Bonnie Ross comes on.

Trailer for Halo 5. Coming October 27th. Also some gameplay.

Josh Holmes comes on and talks about Halo. You'll control 2 Spartan squads. Warzone Mutliplayer.

Trailer for a game by Keiji Inafune and the maker of Metroid Prime, called Recore.

Phil Spector comes on and talks about it.

Xbox One will have backward compatibility.

Mike Ybarra talks about backward compatibility. Retail disks will work. Mass Effect on XB1. You can use XB1 features.

XBOX Elite controller.

Todd Howard comes on and talks about Fallout 4. Shows some gameplay. Mods on the PC will be able to be transferred and shared on XB1. Comes out November 10th.

Peter Moore comes on. EA Access on XB1. Titanfall joins the EA Access Vault next week, as well as Dragon Age Inquisition. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Trailer is shown.

Forza 6 with Henry Ford III. He shows the Ford GT. Comes out September 15th.

Trailer for Dark Souls III, coming in early 2016.

Trailer for Tom Clancy's The Division.

Laurant Detoc comes on and talks about the game. Two games will come free with Rainbow Siege. You can fight 5 vs. 5, attack or defend. The game will come on October 13th.

Trailer for Gigantic, an XB1 exclusive. Beta comes out August.

Chris Charla talks about indie games. Steve Gaynor makes a game called Tacoma.

Derek Bradley talks about his game called Ashen.

Beyong Eyes is about a blind girl, who uses her other senses to explore the world.

Cuphead, a game about a character who made a deal with the devil, and lost. It's like 1930s Disney meets Mega Man.

XBOX Game Preview, which is like Steam Early Access.

Dean Hall comes on and talks about his new game, Ion, which is like a Space simulator.

Brian Horton comes on, and shows gameplay of Rise of the Tomb Raider, out in Holiday 2015.

RARE COMES ON HOLY **** ****. Rare Replay, 30 great Rare games. Available August 4th.

Craig Duncan comes on and talks about a new game set in a fantasy world, called Son of Thieves.

Trailer of Fable Legends, coming this Holiday.

Kudo Tsunoda comes on and talks about Fable Legends. They'll be working with Oculus, with an XB1 controller available with every Oculus Rift.

Hololens.

A new version of Minecraft for Hololens. You can play Minecraft anywhere. You can see different perspectives.

Rod Ferguson comes on and talks about Gears of War Ultimate Edition, a remastered version of the original GoW game.

Thoughts?

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:23 pm

It's ok, I guess.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Some actually good stuff here but it speaks volumes that the best offering was, by far, Rare's collection.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I haven't owned a previous generation Xbox and don't plan to get one, so backward compatibility is intriguing.

Rare Replay looks awesome. I used to be a big Rare fan. Not so much on the NES, though I did play most their games then, but I preferred them over Nintendo by the time they got to N64, though I'd moved on to Sony's camp by the time the system was dead. So toss in the late N64 games and Xbox games, and this is a great deal for $30.
I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I think Recore was the most exciting announcement.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:48 pm

This is so far MS' best E3 conference of the current generation. Normally I'm pretty harsh on them since I bias in Sony's direction for a variety of reasons, but it's still a good solid conference, and lovers of those MS exclusives will be super pleased. Gears of Four? Check. Halo 5? Kind of sounding like Master Chief fanfiction but check. Dark Souls 3? Check. 360 back compatibility? Well they minorly led about it since its TOTALLY software emulation and not native choosing, but that will be huge. At least huge for consumers; it has never been shown to be a widely used feature. But it's the comfort that counts?

It doesn't change my prerogative yet to get an XBOne since I already have a PS4, but the takeaways for me were Cuphead, Recore, Rare's collection, Tomb Raider (thankfully only a timed exclusive), and the HoloLens. Not sure that is ever get a HoloLens, but it looks bloody cool.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”