If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Holiday Price Drop

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: The Missing Link

Shane
Administrator

Holiday Price Drop

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:09 pm

The Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games – Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive.

This holiday, fans have more options to choose from with several exclusive bundles available at $50 off including:
  • Available on Nov. 2 in the U.S., the Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle for $349 ERP and Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle with Kinect for $449 ERP features Assassin’s Creed: Unity as well as Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag on Xbox One. The Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle with Kinect also includes Dance Central Spotlight.
  • The Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle, available in limited quantities now, features a sleek white console and wireless controller, a digital copy of Sunset Overdrive, and special Day One edition in-game items – available for $349 ERP.
  • The Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle for $449 ERP available starting Nov. 3, features a 1TB hard drive, custom console, custom controller and Limited Edition exoskeleton, plus a digital copy of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition.
This special promotion will be available nationwide at most major national retailers in the U.S., including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys ‘R Us, and Walmart.

Fans will have a broad portfolio of amazing games on Xbox One this holiday. Only on Xbox One can you play exclusive games like Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2, plus the newest blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, FIFA 15, Madden NFL 15, Grand Theft Auto V, Minecraft and dozens more this holiday.

Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers. Regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary.

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox- ... ay-season/
I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away.

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm

So, this is a price drop that's not permanent, but not just for Black Friday? Weird.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Ok.

Still not buying it. Someone else might.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:03 pm

The "temporary" price drop was temporarily suspended for about a week or two. The price goes back to $349 tomorrow. Hardly surprising, as the Xbox One has been the best selling system for the past several weeks after a year of Sony dominance.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:54 am

Why go back for such a short period of time? I really do wonder if monkeys are running the show sometimes.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:10 am

A lot of people thought it would stick from the beginning because they are setting market expectations based on it. It was never really intended to be permanent, though I'm sure they went into it knowing they might get stuck keeping it, but the results make it worthwhile.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:48 pm

It is a little surprising that they're redacting such a long-standing price drop, but it could be that they felt they just needed critical mass to help other people on the periphery to be convinced because "all their friends" are playing on XONE.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Now they are saying the new price is good through May 2. Strange.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:23 am

Doubly weird. Either they that raising the price would hinder sales... or they really are going to make it permanent.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”