MS haxxored; XBox and Windows Azure services go offline

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

MS haxxored; XBox and Windows Azure services go offline

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 am

MICROSOFT online services are going offline around the world, affecting Xbox Live and Windows Azure users.
O_o

The security breach was discovered on a small number of internal computers and said that customer data was unaffected.

Microsoft says the problem has been growing over several hours, according to its status page.

Xbox Life functionality, including Halo 4, is being removed or slowed considerably - especially accessing data and saved games in the cloud.

"We are still working as fast as we can to fix the issue," a Microsoft statement reads.

Xbox Music and Video services have also been affected.
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/micro ... z2LiYAo0nE

:D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:14 am

Ah, now the 360 fanboys can't point fingers at PSN's big crash, or state how 100% reliable the network is. I wish I was a Sony fanboy, I can see how great this would be to rub in some faces. I can feel the debates and arguments already.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, now the 360 fanboys can't point fingers at PSN's big crash, or state how 100% reliable the network is. I wish I was a Sony fanboy, I can see how great this would be to rub in some faces. I can feel the debates and arguments already.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

^Tbf to the Xbox fanboys, it still hasn't been hacked as much as Sony, has been handled (so far) better than Sony handled it, and hasn't been as bad of a security ((Like no user personal data stolen etc (so far)).
-Bow Chika Bow Wow
-Your offense only makes me stronger.

Zebracal

Post by Zebracal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 pm

I see so that is why it was down. I thought it was just another update to their system.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 pm

I REALLY HATE POKEMON! wrote:Ah, now the 360 fanboys can't point fingers at PSN's big crash, or state how 100% reliable the network is. I wish I was a Sony fanboy, I can see how great this would be to rub in some faces. I can feel the debates and arguments already.
That was a ridiculous argument, anyway.

This definitely highlights exactly why gamers should refuse to buy always-online-DRM single player games, such as Diablo 3, however. Your connection isn't even the issue, as we've seen, as server downtime or vulnerabilities have repeatedly made a product you paid for in full unusable despite complete compatibility and functionality on your end.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”