Achieve It!

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

Bad Dragonite

Achieve It!

Post by Bad Dragonite » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:01 am

What games do you have all or most achievements in? What games are you working on getting achievements in? Do you play some games JUST for achievements?

I have all in Minecraft 360 edition and a game called A World of(for?) Keflings.
I sometimes find myself just achievement hunting in a game, or just playing it for the sake of getting achievements, but also play just for the game itself. :D
-I'm Vgfian

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 pm

rawr. *bumps*
-I'm Vgfian

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

I have all the achievements in: Enchanted Arms and Soulcalibur IV. Also, the XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I'd like to note that I collected EVERYTHING in both Banjo games, except one Cheato page in BT. I hate Canary Mary.

I did have all the achievements for Resident Evil 5 before the DLC came out. I have all the achievements for the DLC chapters, except the one for beating Desperate Escape on Professional. That one is ridiculous. I have maybe one achievement from the Versus DLC.

I'm also just a few achievements shy of having them all in Assassin's Creed II. I believe they were all related to gathering feathers, which I absolutely hated.

I'm also missing one achievement for 1 vs. 100. I loved that game and I'll never be able to complete it. :(

Spritedude

Post by Spritedude » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 am

They're usually not a priority of mine, but if they seem doable or seem like they'd give me a fun challenge, I try them out. It takes a really good game to make me want to get all of its achievements though. The only ones I have gotten all achievements in are Call of Duty 4, Dead Space 2, and Minecraft.

Minecraft was really easy. Most of the achievements are just things you do in the game anyway.

Call of Duty 4 was a good challenge. I had to use a guide online to find all the intel, and Veteran mode was pretty hard with the whole "get hit once or twice and you're dead" thing. But the last mission, Mile High Club, was just excruciating. You can't get hit more than a few times, and you have such a short time limit that you can't stop moving to heal. And then you have to shoot the guy taking the hostage, with the smallest hitbox ever. It had to have taken me several hundred tries.

Dead Space 2 on the other hand, was even harder to complete. Most of the achievements were challenging but could be done with a bit of skill and strategy (and occasional luck). But then you have to beat Hard Core mode. It's set to the hardest difficulty setting in terms of enemy health, strength, and the amount of items you find, but you're only allowed three save points in the entire game. If you die, you go back to your last save point, meaning you could potentially throw away several hours of gameplay. Most of the game actually isn't that hard once you figure out the right strategies against certain enemies and events, and if you manage your items well. Mostly what kills you is just dumb bad luck or the sheer pressure of not wanting to die and going into a panic when an enemy attacks you. But I did it, took me about a week, playing several hours every day, and taking a break if I died so I wouldn't have to play while frustrated. The prize you get for winning is amazing though:

It's a weapon called the Hand Cannon. It's essentially a foam finger that shoots an invisible concussive force that instantly disintegrates any enemy you shoot. Plus, it makes Issac say "BANG BANG" or "PEW PEW" when you shoot it. I went through the whole game again with it immediately after beating Hard Core just to let off my frustration.

Other games that I'm close to completing: Mass Effect 2 and 3, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, and Assassin's Creed II.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 am

^^ Why not?

^
Spritedude wrote: Image
Issac say "BANG BANG" or "PEW PEW"
[yt]o_KTQNfodtM[/yt]
-I'm Vgfian

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 am

Vgfian:

1 vs. 100 was a special game on Xbox Live. It was held live several times a week and was only accessible through the dashboard. Microsoft decided to not continue the game, so it's completely disappeared. Even if they decided to just release an offline local version, I'm missing an achievement that requires playing online.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:00 am

Oh, that sucks. :/

- - - Updated - - -

We should start a petition! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm found one. :D

Clicky!

- - - Updated - - -

Bah nvm it's closed. :/
-I'm Vgfian

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Achievements are neat. Done right, they encourage thoroughness and variation of gameplay (not that everyone particularly needs that carrot, but ehhh).

I've hundred-percented a few games---mostly easier ones like 'King Kong', 'Oblivion, 'TMNT' and 'Fallout 3', where they're story-based. Though I'm a little pleased at getting everything (everything, you hear?) in 'Bully', 'Rayman Origins', 'Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing', and 'Skylanders'.

If a game has a "beat it on hard, now, tough guy" achievement, that's generally the single one I miss (see: 'Mass Effect', 'Duke Nukem Forever', COD2, 'Kingdoms of Amalur', etc). Or some ridiculous collectibles achievement, like the first two Assassin's Creeds and 'LA Noire'---stumbling block ahoy.

Incidentally, "get all the other achievements" achievements are a cop-out. Like, have some imagination, for Cliff's sake. Oh, and secret achievements are pretty lame, too.
boo----------------xbox forum arm-wrestling champion

MobinS

Post by MobinS » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:39 am

the only things that I went for it were SKYRIM , OBLIVION and LA NOIRE...
and ofcourse microsoft lab in xbox :D haha

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri May 03, 2013 6:46 am

Skyrims achievements are pretty easy to get, rewarding and time consuming but easy. I have no idea what microsoft lab is though...
-I'm Vgfian

glux

Post by glux » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:06 pm

I FINALLY DID IT. Those last achievements are a BITCH.
For Conversationalist you have to go through all dialogue with her, but each dialogue is unique to how far into the game you are. If you miss just 1, you're ****. If you miss just 1, you have to start all over again from the beginning.
The other ones are for the 410 total flags scattered throughout the world. Yuck.

I have also 100%'d Minecraft 360 Edition and Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
2 away in Skyrim until my internal storage (where my MAIN character was) crashed and I lost him.
3 away in Harm's Way, I just need the multiplayer achievements (hint hint).
2 away in Assassin's Creed II, but both are related to doing the same thing, so that should be *easy*.
5 away in CoD: Modern Warfare 1, but that's just beating the rest of the story on Veteran.
3 away in Dead Rising: Case Zero
FTP

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:43 am

Getting everything in the first AC is a bitch-kitty. I gave up on finding all the flags in the hub------like, even consulting online walkthroughs with screenshots and all, I still couldn't find two of them.

I don't know if my copy of 'Minecraft 360' is glitched or what, but I can't get the When Pigs Fly achievement to pop. I'd swear I've completed the conditions several times over. (Never once entered creative mode that I can recall, so that shouldn't be an issue.) Ehhhhh.

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:51 am

cheer up I never got the When Pigs Fly achievement in PC version

we can be terrible people in arms

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:24 am

yeah

we didnt even want that stupid achievement, anyway

'minecraft'? pssssh-----more like 'dumbcraft'

...nailed it

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 pm

I can't pinpoint why but I don't care a bit about Achievments. I care about Trophies, though (recently passed Level 16). Maybe it's because I consider Sony's gaming experience to be better, but then again I like playing Nintendo and want an Achievments system to be in place despite also considering it below Sony...so I don't know. Weird.

That said, I won't avoid them or if I'm close to earning something and it's within reach, I may extend my efforts a bit.

glux

Post by glux » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Achievements and Trophies give something MORE to strive for other than just beating the story line. I really wish Nintendo would implement some mechanic like it.
FTP

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

I'd Platinum (or whatever) a Pokemon game. Sounds really fun.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 am

^You can think you would, but what if the game had some ridiculous trophies? Like, the kind that depend on horribly rare random encounters?

I mean, I ditched out on a couple achievements based on random loot drops in the Claptrap Robot Revolution DLC in 'Borderlands', because the drop rate was so low and there was no way to check progress. After about my fifth hour of goddamn farming (an activity I thought I'd left behind when I quit WoW), I was all 'okay no more forever, thanks. I already farmed hundreds and hundreds of brains in the damn Zombie Island DLC, I'm good.'

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Good point.

Pokemon Master - Raise every Pokemon with perfect stats to Level 100.

glux

Post by glux » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

^ Or "Complete the PokéDex"
FTP

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”