If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Your opinion on Mecha Ridley in a Metroid film?

Moderator: е и ժ е я

If there were a Metroid film based on zero mission, would you be mad about it being left out?

Zero mission stinks. Base it on the manga.
No votes
29%
14%
57%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7

BladeMan.EXE

Your opinion on Mecha Ridley in a Metroid film?

Post by BladeMan.EXE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Personally, I get some of the logic behind it, but it still feels random, unnecessary and weird. Wasn't that great of a final boss either.

Plus, it wouldn't necessarily be strictly based on zero mission. It could take inspiration from a number of sources.
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." Ancient Hero, LoZ:TP
Christian and unashamed!

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

If it is based solely on ZM then it needs to stick to the source material as closely as possible. That doesn't mean maze-like structures and backtracking but it does means including every significant event and character.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Everything past Mother Brain is kind of tracked-on anyway.

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Depends on what the movie adaption would call for and whether or not it'd be good.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 pm

oh sweet a new Metroid thread. Just like Christmas!
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:43 am

I thought Mecha Ridley was cool. Though if there ever was a Metroid film, I don't see any good way to fit him in. Meat Ridley and Mother Brain would be climactic enough.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:26 am

I find it difficult to criticise the boss fight. It wasn't especially original, it felt a lot like someone wanted to rebuild the elements in the Nightmare bossfight. Then again, it's really the only thing fairly normal happening in what is otherwise a somewhat uncharacteristic post-game extra sequence. We all would've been happy if Zero Mission ended where Metroid did, I think. I've only ever spoken to one person who didn't really 'get' the game. Why on earth did Samus only get a stun gun, anyway? Like what, she only keeps a taser? The one-person planet clearing warrior only has one real gun? Too contrived IMO, but it gets a pass because the gameplay was good.

I find the Zerosuit sequence a bit bittersweet, because I don't feel like Metroid needed a stealth section but it certainly handled it pretty well. The suit itself was a re-imagining of the leotard in the original game, probably intended to be a bit less smutty, but people nowadays just use it as justification to draw 'fan-art' of what is basically just a generic naked blonde woman with 90% of her skin being blue, and using the franchise to justify it.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Metroid: Self-Destruct Sequence Activated”