If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog.

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: Nomyt

VG_Addict

Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog.

Post by VG_Addict » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 am

Since Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is coming out soon, what do you think are the chances of another Crash Bandicoot game developed by Naughty Dog coming out?

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Probably slim. I'll probably pick up the trilogy for nostalgia's sake, but I don't think the streets are clamoring for a new Crash game and I don't think Naughty Dog is particularly interested in doing it.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:14 pm

If the segment in Uncharted 4 was at all representative of the series, I'm kind of amazed it was every popular, honestly. That was painful.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

I liked Crash Team Racing. But the platformers were pretty mediocre.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 pm

I really liked Crash: Warped, but it's been a really long time since I've touched it so I can't really say anything about it.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:33 am

Is Naughty Dog even connected to Crash Bandicoot at all any more?
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

VG_Addict

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 am

Not that I know of.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:49 pm

I believe Activision owns Crash Bandicoot, so they can do whatever they want with it.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

And since Activision realized a long time ago that it could get along just fine as the "CoD, movie license, Skylanders, Guitar Hero, and now Destiny" publisher a long time ago, I think we pretty much have our answer. Unless I'm forgetting something and the lists I've checked are incomplete, they haven't published anything outside that description since 2012's Prototype 2.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:44 am

I don't think they'll bother. He wasn't even in Playstation All Stars Royale or whatever that game is. It's ironic because he used to be in all the Sony commercials when I was a young kid. When I look at him today though, I have to admit his design is pretty damn crappy too. If he were to be updated with new graphics and such, it would have to be a complete reboot.

Image His arms are literally coming out of his neck and his head is bigger than his torso. His jeans are also highwaters which are considered geeky too. Looking at his hands, we can also see that they are indeed bigger than his entire torso too. His belly button looks like a bullet wound. His eyes are not spaced properly either.

I also don't feel the need to explain why Dr Cortex would look hideously bad if he had an update in his graphics.

Ironically, Crash Bandicoot's girlfriend looks the most human-like. She's tall as heck. My only complaint with this scene is that she looks like she has the strength to easily overpower those two men. Also, Crash's girlfriend is based on Pamela Anderson. How would this look with today's technology?

But hey, they did it anyway. N Sane Trilogy friggin did it. And it doesn't look good to be honestly.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”