If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: Nomyt

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:06 am

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-a ... y-roadmap/
2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.
I don't care much for the FFXIII trilogy or FFXII (might beat it some day), but that collection sounds great. There's a better version which includes a bunch of extras and more games but the basic collection contains the best of the bunch anyway, minus FFX. I wish they'd make a side collection of their notable spin-offs, that would be even better really.

Anyone interested in this stuff?

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 am

Would depend on what versions the collections use but I'm totally on board. It would mean that aside from 13 I'd have every game in the series at my fingertips.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:40 am

Assuming we get the original or DS versions, I'd be on board for that. Mobile FFVI hurts my eyes.

Mostly looking forward to XII because I never got a chance to play that properly, but I liked the few hours I saw. Fanboyism ruined any chance of me liking FFVII, so the remake is unfortunately a bust.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:33 am

That sounds awesome. Though I don't think it'd be enough to convince me to buy a PS4 or PSP, especially since I already own/have access to most of the games anyway.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:14 am

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!, post: 1615492, member: 18119"]This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.[/QUOTE]

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:42 am

I have a Vita and only one game for it, and I haven't played any of the FF games.

Seems like a good opportunity.
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 am

I think I got the 'good' ones on PSX already, so I'm pretty well set.
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 am

"It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports)."

"Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas."

YASSSSSSSSSS
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:59 pm

This isn't confirmed yet.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:28 pm

I'd be a little skeptical of them getting two versions of the first six games onto a Vita card. The PSN versions of VII, VIII, and IX are about 3.5 GB by themselves, and Steam puts the modern versions of III, IV, and VI at another roughly 2 GB, with no size listed for V.

I can't find a definite answer on whether Sony ever expanded the cards from their initial 4GB cap, but nothing digital ever beat Killzone's 3.95GB, so it seems unlikely. Fitting just the original versions should be doable, but bringing in the 3D remakes and apparently remarkably space-inefficient mobile FFVI would require some major compression.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Maybe they'll make you download some digitally on Vita like how they did with FFX-2. Multiple cards could be an option if they can't get bigger ones.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”