What Sony Game are you playing?

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: I am nobody

I am nobody

What Sony Game are you playing?

Post by I am nobody » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Because every other forum has one.

I'm primarily working through Ni No Kuni on PS3, which I'm liking a lot so far.

I also had Kingdom Hearts: An incomprehensible way of saying we remastered 1 and 2 again and Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on rental. The former turns out to be very not for me. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep playing the latter on PS4 or pick it up the next time it goes on sale for PC. It's basically Falcom dropping any pretense about Trails of Cold Steel's Persona influences, and while it doesn't immediately seem nearly as good as either of its role models, it's still pretty fun.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: What Sony Game are you playing?

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Played a few rounds of 'Fat Princess' couple days back. 'Fat Princess' is the tits.
boo----------------the furious little monkey

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm working my way through *deep breath* Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory.

It's fun in the same ways the original was. It's been long enough since I played the original that it doesn't feel like a complete retread of familiar ground. It's also been long enough that I barely remember the story of the original, so I feel like I'm missing some cues.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm playing Tales of Zestiria on PS3, does that count?

It would absolutely be my favorite Tales game if I didn't have a literal lifetime of obsessive attachment to Symphonia getting in the way. I like the world and lore, I like the characters, I find a lot of the concepts interesting, and it is unapologetically cliche and anime in the absolute best damn ways. Also it has the best OST in the series hands down, and really good art direction too. 100/10 ALSO CUSTOMIZATION IS O N P O I N T

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 pm

I just beat Ragnarok Tactics, first game I've beat in a while. It's a bad game and I think I'm done playing bad games just because I have them.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:26 am

I just beat LittleBigPlanet 2 and despite it being old and on a previous system, PEOPLE STILL PLAY IT AND WANTED TO JOIN ME.

It's a good improvement on the first game, but I really just played it so I can move to the third game.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:35 pm

****ing Nier: Automata, bitches.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 pm
Played a few rounds of 'Fat Princess' couple days back. 'Fat Princess' is the tits.
I read that at first as "Fat Princess has tits"

Which I would have been like "Yes. Yes, she does, Boo."

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:49 pm

totally rad tits, too, dude (*cherry pie*) (*hot for teacher*) (*dancing with myself*)

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 pm

They're there for sure.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Nothing atm. I think I may jump on the new God of War soon, though.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu May 03, 2018 7:44 pm

^I supposedly had that coming from GameFly, but it's looking like that got lost/stolen in the mail again. Never happens to anything else, but that'll be something like the 5th one that's disappeared in the last year.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions which, you'll never guess - I absolutely love -, but also which my neighbors probably hate me for. The drum seems kinda loud.

I didn't realize that it'd convert to the Asia version and be in English because of my PSN account. Funnily enough, this is the only one of the 25-ish games I've bought in Japan that the clerk felt the need to warn me would be in Japanese.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:15 am

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, citches. So glad they un-nerfed Chun-Li after Street Fighter IV. As y'all should be able to tell by my avatar, that's my main in pretty much every Street Fighter game she's been in. Since I got a fight stick for both my Switch and my PS4, I've improved markedly.

I'm also glad they added more offline modes in SFV, because I don't have PSN subscription.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 am

Bomby wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:15 am
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, citches. So glad they un-nerfed Chun-Li after Street Fighter IV. As y'all should be able to tell by my avatar, that's my main in pretty much every Street Fighter game she's been in. Since I got a fight stick for both my Switch and my PS4, I've improved markedly.

I'm also glad they added more offline modes in SFV, because I don't have PSN subscription.
Are you specifically into SF, or do you do other 2D fighters?

Fight sticks ain't really for dabblers, is why I ask. Got a few myself (the Tekken 6 one for 360, the SoulCal2 one for GCN/PS2/XBox, and the Chun-Li and Akuma holographic ones that came out alongside 'Street Fighter Anniversary' on PS2) (haven't even used them last two----------still boxed up and all).

Did you pick up 'SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy'? I suspect that thing is my silver bullet.

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 am

Booyakasha wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 am
Are you specifically into SF, or do you do other 2D fighters?

Fight sticks ain't really for dabblers, is why I ask. Got a few myself (the Tekken 6 one for 360, the SoulCal2 one for GCN/PS2/XBox, and the Chun-Li and Akuma holographic ones that came out alongside 'Street Fighter Anniversary' on PS2) (haven't even used them last two----------still boxed up and all).

Did you pick up 'SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy'? I suspect that thing is my silver bullet.
Street Fighter has always been my main love, and frankly I'm serious about Street Fighter alone to justify getting fight sticks. It instantly became my favorite way to play as soon as I started. I actually just recently picked up Street Fighter Anniversary for PS2. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out Hyper SFII, but having 3rd Strike on there as well sweetens the deal a lot. 3rd Strike has pretty much replaced SFII Turbo as my favorite fighting game in general. It's close... the SFII games introduced all of those classic characters, but 3rd Strike's mechanics put it on top.

That said, I've grown to absolutely love SNK's fighters, especially The Last Blade games. Such unique fighting mechanics and sound design. Plus, they have a character based on Wong Fei Hung. Of course, Garou: Mark of the Wolves is also one of the greats, though I'm not quite as big on it as everyone else seems to be. Something something King of Fighters something Samurai Shodown something something great series.

As far as SNK Heroines goes... I'm not really feeling it. I appreciate that they tried new things in terms of stamina and how you "finish" your opponent, but the combat itself is so simplistic that it makes Smash Bros look like Killer Instinct. Seriously, you can't even crouch. I was perhaps too optimistic that they'd put as much time into perfecting the fighting as they spent animating Mai Shiranui's breasts, but that was unfortunately not the case. I guess the intended audience was "waifu" lovers more so than fighting game fans, which in that case they succeeded remarkably. Big disappointment to me though.

Also, Bonne Jenet isn't in it. What kind of crap is that? I want to fight with that classic bitchslap.

I picked up Skullgirls on PS4 recently, and though I haven't put much time into it yet, I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Soul Calibur was the first game I picked up when I got a Dreamcast recently, and I finally officially got Soul Calibur 2 on Gamecube after... how many years now?

I've been expanding my already sizable Super NES cartridge collection, I'm picking up a lot from the 16-bit era. Ports of Fatal Fury, Killer Instinct, Samurai Shodown, Clayfighter (hahaha), and even Japan-only Sailor Moon fighters have made it into my collection. I still haven't picked up any Mortal Kombat games though... it comes down to how much value will it add to my collection vs the fact that I've always seen it as a sloppy fighter that only got popular because of the extreme blood and gore "shock" gimmick vs maybe I should really give the series another chance.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 am

Holy crap. I thought I was the only one here.

SNK is so good. They release arcade-perfect ports of all their stuff on the XONE for eight bucks a pop------------is that a thing on the PS4 and Switch? I hope it is.

'Last Blade' is so beautiful.

Dismayed to hear 'SNK Heroines' isn't much of a much. It looked really fun in the Saturday Morning Scrublords vid, and I just kind of wanted it to be as hype as 'SNK Gal Fighters' on the NGPC. Also...I mean, I can't help it, I just really like Yuri, and Nakoruru, and especially Blue Mary. Blue Mary's so goddamn cool, man. I like her design, I like the Dynamite Swing, I like her stupid-ass rivalry/friendship with Terry Bogard. I want more games starring these goons, man.

Oh, homey, you have a Dreamcast? Did you get 'Power Stone'? 'Power Stone' is so f*ckin sick, man.

My 'Soul Calibur 2' was the XBox version. It isn't because I cared about this or that guest character-----------the XBox S was simply the closest thing to the Dreamcast controller. (Still annoyed there wasn't an actual Siegfried in SC2, incidentally. He's only the series' main character, here. Yeah, yeah, Nightmare. Get the hell out of here. Give me my main, goddammit.)

Right with you on not caring about 'Mortal Kombat'. I like the movies, and I love 'Mortal Kombat: The Album' (anybody who thinks "Rayden---Eternal Life" and "Sub-Zero---Chinese Ninja Warrior" aren't awesome can go straight to heck, as far as I'm concerned), but the games themselves do not a lot for me. Maybe I just never gave them a fair shot.

steeze

Post by steeze » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:30 am

I've been playing God of War for the past two weeks getting pretty close to 100%. I was warned not to play the God of War difficulty and I didn't listen. It's been a real challenge. If you think this game is gonna roll over on the hardest difficulty like The Witcher 3 you are dead wrong. The game doesn't get even a little bit easier. Good luck clearing out the Valkyries. Seriously.

Anyone who will come out and say they started on GOWD and it isn't that hard is lying.

I'd even argue that it's more unforgiving then bloodborne. The combat is certainly more diverse.

Haven't had this much fun playing a game in a while.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 am

^Playing on hard mode betokens and becomes a hard player. Good on you, dude. You beat them Norse monsters, son. No other road to Valhalla.

I mean, never mind curbing the monsters---------knocking the Walküre around? That's crazy. How much of a psycho bastard does one have to be before one starts swingin on the gals humbly takin souls to heaven? Kratos is friggin nutzoid, man.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:32 am

I've been playing GoW 3 remastered. Having fun with it, but I started on the franchise with the latest game, so it's pretty different.

steeze

Post by steeze » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:41 am

Would you consider the hardest difficulty of any game to be how it was supposed to be played in the eyes of the developers? I mean everyone has their own preferences. I just always figured I'd get the most bang for my buck taking the long road rather than the shortcut.

Kratos has a soft side. I think the Funko Pop sells for around 12 dollars.

I picked up God of War 3 as well. I already played through all of them but free is free. Probably why I'm playing this one and frothing at the mouth. Such an improvement.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”