If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

The Struggle, 'Tis Real - 100%ing an old MM3DS file

Moderators: Marilink, Booyakasha

Apollo the Just

The Struggle, 'Tis Real - 100%ing an old MM3DS file

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:50 pm

I'm in love with Majora's Mask 3DS, and my literal only 2 gripes with the entire remake are the bosses and Zora Link's swimming. Everything else about the remake is fan-****-tastic. It's beautiful, the fishing holes are something I never knew I needed but I sorely did, song of double time and bomber's notebook are infinitely better gameplay-wise, everything is just a vast improvement over a game I already loved. MM3DS is a masterpiece.

So, for pretty much the first time ever playing a Zelda game, I decided I wanted to 100% it. All the great fairies, gilded sword, all the masks, all the pieces of heart, all the EVERYTHING. Termina is a world I wanted to explore completely. I even mastered the Oceanside fishing pool, caught the Great Fairy Fish, and wrote a guide on catching all the fish (because the guides I found at the time conflicted with knowledge gained from my own attempts). I wanted to experience literally everything this game had to offer.

......Flash forward to the present day. It's been over a year since, and I haven't really played the game in the interim. I notice that I am exactly four (4) heart pieces short of having every single heart piece in the game, and that otherwise I have completed everything the game has to offer. I'm like, challenge accepted? Only 4 heart pieces left in this entire game, I'm this close, time to finish!

Except. Because it's been so long. I literally don't remember which 4 heart pieces I haven't collected yet. Out of 52. So I effectively have been going back through them one by one and process-of-elimination-ing them until I figure out what 4 I forgot.

GOTTEN A LOT OF FISHING HOLE PASSES, LET ME TELL YA...
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Is it the one for bringing all the frogs together? I did that exactly once. Major PITA.

Also whole-heartedly agree that the Zora-swimming is inferior MM3DS.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 pm

^ I sincerely hope it's not the frog one. I'm actually pretty sure I did that one, but regardless I'm not going to do it again until I'm 100% certain by process of elimination that that's one of them.

>__>

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:42 pm

I was gonna say, I don't remember Mega Man 3 being on the DS
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Are the PoH locations still the same as the N64 version?

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Yes, with the sole exception that one piece of heart was switched with one empty bottle for no easily discernible reason.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:31 pm

Did you get the Piece of Heart from Skull Kid? You have to beat all four dungeon bosses in a single three-day cycle without taking damage and then at the top of the clock tower present Skull Kid with a Moon's Tear. If you did everything right he'll give you a Piece of Heart. I know this because my dad works at Nintendo.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:53 am

[QUOTE="DarkZero, post: 1612580, member: 34654"]I was gonna say, I don't remember Mega Man 3 being on the DS[/QUOTE]
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/me ... ection-3ds
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

X-3

Post by X-3 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:06 pm

That would have been MM33DS

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 am

I love to drink MM33DS, the futuristic favorite refreshment of cyber vikings everywhere

Also no, that is clearly Mega Man 3DS, fight me
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “The Legend of Zelda: See That Mountain?”