Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Marilink
Supermod

Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition

Post by Marilink » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 am

Check it out! Nintendo is planning to release a Plug-And-Play miniature NESwith 30 preloaded games.

[quote="Nintendo's Facebook]Image
Nope"]

November 11! This is awesome.
Carthago delendum est

Kargath

Post by Kargath » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:31 am

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 5849990144

The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
-Clifford Stoll

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:40 am

That is cute. I need 4.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 am

This is awesome!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:33 am

Here's a more informative post than just the Facebook share.
Nintendo of Europe] [SIZE=6][b]Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System[/b][/size] [SIZE=5][b]Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience wrote:[/size]
Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

The included titles are:
Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS‘N GOBLINS™
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN™ 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN®
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl™
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Each title is sure to bring back fond memories and produce plenty of new ones. Players can even enjoy playing many of these games together by attaching a second Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller, sold separately. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for the Wii console can also be used.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii console. Simply connect it to a Wii Remote controller to make the experience that much more authentic. Players needn’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress either as each game has multiple suspend points, allowing them to start where they left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System, launching on 11th November. Relive past glories, defeat the boss that you could never beat, or simply enjoy the classic titles of yesteryear anew.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.
That's quite the game list, y'all. Worth the price of admission for the Mario and Zelda titles alone.
Carthago delendum est

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:39 am

Ahhh finally found the information that is applicable to us aussies (let's hope it's true)...
Launching in Australia on November 10 for an RRP of $99.95
https://www.finder.com.au/nintendo-classic-mini-console

:D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:08 am

Merged the two threads on this. Beat you by 5 minutes, Karg. :P
Carthago delendum est

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 am

Probably like the only plug-and-play that's ever worth buying in the history of everything.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:26 am

^ heh.

Nice variety here. Hope it does well.

Thanous

Post by Thanous » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Hype ahh hope you can like purchase more games or use actual cartridges that'd be amazing

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Man. I'll not lie, that looks pretty rad.

I would like nothing better than for Ninty to toss off a real, foolproof NES clone that is designed to play carts perfectly 100% of the time. That may just be my own pie in the sky by and by, but this looks like a step in the right direction, man.

Is it HD-only? I don't got an HDTV. One assumes it'd share inputs across Wii and Wii U and thus be SD-friendly.
boo----------------xbox forum arm-wrestling champion

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Not sure if this is better than Rare Replay, but it's probably the best Nintendo system since the 90s. Would like some cart functionality, and I have most of the better games in a closet somewhere next to a system that I haven't plugged in for over two decades. Still, a pretty nice deal.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:22 pm

No Earthbound Beginnings?

Anyway, it is a neat collector's item. Doing SNES and N64 versions would be cool. Also a handheld line.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:57 pm

I wonder if the NES Wii controller can be used to play Mega Man 9 & 10
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:40 pm

[QUOTE="DarkZero, post: 1601900, member: 34654"]I wonder if the NES Wii controller can be used to play Mega Man 9 & 10[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not.
Carthago delendum est

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Wii U maybe. Wii probably not.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 pm

I think I read it works with Wii as well.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 pm

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system.
Never mind what I said, it'll probably work with Wii Ware games.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Funny enough, I actually have all of those games (except the meh ones like Balloon Fight) but you know, I want this thing just because I'll be able to travel with it easily. Stuff I really want for it, though: Adaptor to play real NES carts, Cart loader to flash with real NES carts, NEW NES GAMES BY NINTENDO, screen mirroring.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:14 pm

The games included:

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

This does look pretty rad. And only $60? I'm gonna have to get this.

Return to “Nintendo Main”