Nintendo Mini Direct

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Nintendo Mini Direct

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Nintendo dropped a 15-minute surprise direct video this morning, detailing and announcing various games for the first part of the new year:
- Dark Souls Remastered, May 25
- Mario Tennis Aces, which brings back story mode in the Mario Tennis series, comes this spring
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, featuring Funky Kong as a new playable character (his abilities seem to be more or less of an "easy mode"?). Released May 4
- Kirby Star Allies is coming March 16
- The World Ends With You: Final Remix, featuring new control style and added story
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is much like other Switch ports in that it features all DLC from previous versions. Will also have new costumes based on BotW. Comes out in spring
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
- Payday 2 port introduces a new playable character
- Fe comes out February 16
- Celeste comes out January 25
- Free DLC for Odyssey and paid DLC for Pokken Tournament DX and Mario Rabbids was also announced

I thought it was solid for what it was. Aside from Mario Tennis and Kirby this was mostly just announcing ports. Feels like they might've put this together because they had some announcements to make and the next longer direct is probably going to have a decent amount of focus on the future of Switch online (or at least one would hope). It would also explain the absence of updates on other games we know they're making like Yoshi, Prime 4 and Switch Pokemon (the still-early development would also explain the last two)

I'm excited for Tropical Freeze coming to Switch since I missed out on it when it first came out and DKCR was one of my favorite Wii games. Bringing back TWEWY is cool, even though it's just a special edition of the original. Fe and especially Celeste seem like really interesting games. Depending on price I might get Celeste just to tide me over on something Meat Boy-like while we wait for SMBF. Also nice to see the Switch continuing to get at least third party ports with Dark Souls. I have no interest in the series but like Skyrim, Doom, etc. it gives primarily Nintendo gamers the chance to play one of the most popular series around.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Re: Nintendo Mini Direct

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Pretty weak...of all the ports they've brought, no SSB? SNK Heroines looks cool.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Well, it only took a bit more than a decade, but we are (technically) finally getting more TWEWY. Hard to top that from a surprise announcement.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Couldn’t believe it when I saw TWEWY. Really excited for Mario tennis out of all this, though.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 pm

^ yeah my post didn't mention that i am absolutely PUMPED for mario tennis story mode

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:48 pm

I'll probably pick up the TF port. Funky looks like easy mode/speedrun mode, which begs the question: is Funky the canonically strongest DK character?

-built a plane out of a barrel
-controlled the very ability to change areas in DKC and DKC2, putting the heroes at his mercy
-first Kong to realize DK Island has no laws, meaning open-carry is alright
-felled King K Rool in a SINGLE BLOW in DK64 (note that 5 Kong members COMBINED before him couldn't do it)
-KING of Mario Kart Wii
-can manipulate reality itself
-can put on a tanktop, shorts and a belt. Note the disappearance of Candy Kong and Swanky Kong, the only other Kongs that could dress that much...
Last edited by X-3 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 pm

^ until he has his own rap song, no, he isnt

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:30 am

I screamed in joy when I saw new TWEWY.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Kargath

Post by Kargath » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 am

Having a console version of Warriors with all the 3DS stuff is great.
I'll probably be getting Dark Souls on the PS4, though - did you see the mega three-game collector's edition they have?
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
-Clifford Stoll

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 pm

TROPICAL FREEZE PORT

FINALLY I CAN PLAY IT

Steven9wii

Post by Steven9wii » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 am

the new mode for mario odyssey looks amazingly fun!

Return to “Nintendo Main”