If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

WWE 2K18 coming for Switch.

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

VG_Addict

WWE 2K18 coming for Switch.

Post by VG_Addict » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Good to see Nintendo is slowly starting to get 3rd party support again.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/10/15947 ... aunch-date

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:34 am

This is good for Nintendo, but the WWE 2K games kinda suck. The rosters are pretty much always out of date by the time the game releases, it's often glitchy as hell, and maybe I just suck but the AI can get to a point where they just reverse every single move you attempt and it's awful unless you have ridiculous reflexes.

Somebody on wrestling Twitter the other day was just making note of how there isn't really a WWE 2K competitive community like there is for a lot of sports sims or fighters. Most of the WWE 2K "scene" from what I've seen is just people showing off promotions/wrestlers they've played, glitches and general trying to break the game.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Sonic 5

Post by Sonic 5 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 pm

I've seen speculation that previous versions were sort of lacking because they also had to work on last gen systems. 2K18 is only being released on current gen.

That said, I've watched a friend play 2K17 a lot and it just looks boring at its core. Very rigid and technical. I wish there were a more arcade styled wrestling game available.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:18 pm

[QUOTE="Sonic 5, post: 1636273, member: 26922"]I've seen speculation that previous versions were sort of lacking because they also had to work on last gen systems. 2K18 is only being released on current gen.

That said, I've watched a friend play 2K17 a lot and it just looks boring at its core. Very rigid and technical. I wish there were a more arcade styled wrestling game available.[/QUOTE]

Fire Pro Wrestling World was just released today. From what I understand it's still a pretty technical, timing-based game but it's more arcade-style graphically and there's a ton of customization options. It's already a huge hit on Wrestling Twitter.

Also Chikara Pro Wrestling is apparently making an arcade-style wrestling game but i have no idea how far that is from actually happening.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Return to “Nintendo Main”